Car Accidents - Oklahoma Auto Accident Lawyer Injury Victims Trust
Lawter & Associates works tirelessly for accident victims in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, statewide
Car accidents in Oklahoma wreak havoc on people's lives. In an instant, a serious auto accident can turn your life upside-down. You could sustain a serious car accident injury that leaves you unable to work or move normally for weeks or months or even the rest of your life. You may lose a loved one who was the sole breadwinner in your family.
Take your Oklahoma car accident case seriously right from the start. Contact a hard-working personal injury lawyer in Oklahoma you can trust with a track record of success. Contact Lawter & Associates, PLLC.
Our law firm knows what we're doing because we've been doing this work for more than 40 years. As a result, we understand Oklahoma's rules and regulations and how they apply to car accidents. Experience matters here.
Oklahoma City Car Accident Attorney Testimonial - Lorne | Lawter & Associates
"After my auto accident, I worked with the insurance company for a year..."
What types of car accidents does Lawter & Associates handle?
Serving car accident victims throughout Oklahoma, Lawter & Associates handles a wide range of auto accidents statewide. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Oklahoma we handle include:
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Asleep at the Wheel Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Texting While Driving
- Highway Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- T-Bone/Broadside Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Accidents with Uninsured / Underinsured Drivers
Visit the following pages to learn more about the cases we handle:
- Who Pays For Car Accident Compensation In Oklahoma?
- Insurance Companies and Auto Accidents
- How to Read Your Oklahoma Auto Accident Report
- Passenger Injuries
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident
Take your car accident seriously right from the start. Contact our law firm today.
Evidence builds strong cases. That's why we work so hard to find the facts surrounding auto accidents in Oklahoma. Every detail matters - and so do you. As your auto accident attorney, a legal professional with our firm will do whatever it takes to uncover the truth.
Contact us. Call (866) 584-1027 for our Oklahoma City office or (866) 584-1028 for our Tulsa office and schedule a free case evaluation. Best of all, you only pay fees if you win. That's because we work on a contingency fee basis.
Frequently asked questions about car accidents in Oklahoma:
- What should I do if I'm involved in a car accident in Oklahoma?
- What are common causes of car accidents in Oklahoma?
- Who investigates Oklahoma auto accidents?
- What is negligence in terms of car accidents?
- What if the driver who caused my car accident does not have insurance?
- Should I contact my insurance company after my car accident?
- Should I answer questions if another insurance company contacts me after my accident?
- Should I accept a financial offer from an insurance company soon after my accident?
- Can I negotiate for more money after my Oklahoma car accident?
- Why should I hire Oklahoma car accident lawyers at Lawter & Associates, PLLC?
If you're a victim of a car accident in Oklahoma, we strongly urge you to take the following steps to protect your health and your rights.
- Contact the police and ask them to respond to your accident
- Call for emergency medical help and have them examine you and others at the accident
- Get the following information from the other
- Phone number
- Driver's license number
- Insurance information
- Write down the following information about your accident:
- Exact time of accident
- Exact location of accident
- Make and model of car involved in accident
- Visible damage to your car
- Visible damage to other car
- Important details about your accident, including:
- Weather conditions
- Traffic signals (were they working?)
- Skids marks on road (are there any?)
- Take photographs of your accident
- Interview witnesses to your accident. Make sure to get the following information:
- Witness's full name
- Witness's address
- Witness's phone number
- If an ambulance does not respond to your accident, make sure to schedule an appointment with a doctor, even if you feel fine. You could have a life-threatening internal injury that might not be apparent.
- Contact your insurance company and tell them you have been in an accident
- Contact us. We have years of experience successfully handling car accidents in Oklahoma.
There many different types of car accidents in Oklahoma. Some of the most common causes of auto accidents we handle include:
- Speeding drivers - Many people in Oklahoma drive above the speed limit. When they do, they have less time to react to other drivers around them and may cause high-speed car accidents.
- Drunk drivers - The hazards of drinking and driving have been well-known for decades. Even so, some drivers put everyone on the road at risk by drinking and driving. Hold drunk drivers accountable for your accident. Contact us.
- Distracted drivers - Distracted driving has become one of the leading causes of car accidents in Oklahoma. There's no excuse for drivers who don't pay attention and cause a serious accident.
- Texting drivers - Texting while driving is not specifically prohibited by Oklahoma statutes at this time. But that doesn't mean you can't take legal action against a texting driver for your car crash.
- Tired drivers - Drivers who fall asleep at the wheel put everyone in danger. If a fatigued driver caused your car accident, contact us. We can help you take legal action.
Police officers are often the first people who investigate car accidents in Oklahoma. Then insurance company investigators often get involved in determining who caused the accident. Deciding who caused an accident can be very complicated. Most cases are rarely clear cut, even if one driver clearly caused the car accident. That's why it's important you have an experienced attorney on your side investigating your accident and protecting your rights. We don't work for the police department or insurance companies. We work exclusively for you.
Negligence is the failure to use reasonable care, or the failure to use the same degree of care that a reasonably prudent person would use under the same circumstances. Evidence of negligence is the basis for liability in most personal injury cases, including car accidents. Oklahoma auto accident attorneys at Lawter & Associates, PLLC can best assess evidence of negligence in your case. Contact Lawter & Associates, PLLC in Oklahoma City or Tulsa.
Auto insurance is required by law in Oklahoma. Although the other party may not have liability insurance, other insurance may still be available. If you have purchased uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, a recovery may be available for any injury you have received. In addition, potential causes of action against parties not initially known may be available. For example, you may have a case against an individual's employer if he or she was working at the time of the collision. Contact us and allow our attorneys to review your case and determine what compensation we can recover for you.
Yes. However, keep your comments to a minimum. Simply state you were in a car accident and do not answer any other questions. Dealing with insurance companies after a car accident can be very complicated. That's because most insurance companies only care about one thing: paying injury victims as little as possible. Protect your rights. Contact us.
No. Do not answer any questions insurance companies ask you after your accident. Anything you say could be used against you by an insurance company. Insurance companies are often focused on one thing - paying injury victims as little as possible. That's why it's important to be cautious about what you say to insurance companies after your accident. We strongly advise accident victims to simply tell insurance companies you have hired a lawyer and direct them to contact your attorney.
No. Insurance companies often make low-ball offers to accident victims soon after an accident. Insurance companies do this because they know accident victims want to resolve their accident claim as soon as possible. The problem is accident victims often don't know the true cost of their accident for some time. Don't be misled. Protect your rights. Contact us right now. We can help.
Yes. Many car accident victims don't realize they have the right to ask for more money after an accident. If you feel an insurance company has not made a reasonable offer to you after your car accident, contact Lawter & Associates, PLLC. Insurance companies don't intimidate us. We know how to negotiate with them, and we have the case results to prove it.
We have a strong track record of success on every car accident case we handle in Oklahoma, and we have the case results to prove it. Whether you've been injured in accident on I-40 in Oklahoma City, I-44 in Tulsa or anyplace else in the state, we can help.
Our experienced Oklahoma car accident attorneys thoroughly investigate every case and aggressively search for the facts some law firms overlook. We're prepared to do whatever it takes within ethical and legal bounds to win your case, including:
- Reviewing accident reports
- Consulting with experts in their field
- Interviewing witnesses
- Negotiating directly with insurance companies
- Filing a car accident lawsuit on your behalf if necessary
- Taking other legal action if necessary
We will not rest until justice is served. Contact us. Call (866) 584-1027 for our Oklahoma City office or (866) 584-1028 for our Tulsa office and schedule an appointment today. This may be your only opportunity to obtain financial compensation for your Oklahoma car accident.
Lawter & Associates, PLLC
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Phone: (405) 525-4131
Lawter & Associates, PLLC
Tulsa, OK 74136
Phone: (918) 496-9577