Lawyers Serving Car Accident Injury Victims in Oklahoma City
We can fight for a fair settlement on your behalf
The car accident lawyers from our Oklahoma City law firm understand what victims are going through. You’ve been injured in a wreck by no fault of your own. You’re in pain, you can’t work, and your bills are starting to pile up. To add insult to injury, the insurance company won’t stop calling you and harassing you to accept their lowball settlement offer. It’s time to let an experienced attorney at Lawter & Associates, PLLC in Oklahoma City step in and start working for you immediately. Get the insurance company off your back and get the settlement you really deserve. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Oklahoma City is the capital of Oklahoma and the state’s largest city, so it’s no surprise that there’s a lot of heavy traffic. Accidents happen here all the time – some of them leaving people with severe injuries. While no legal action can truly erase the impact of a serious crash, getting an experienced lawyer on your side can help.
Car accident cases we handle
Our car accident attorneys have been representing crash victims in Oklahoma City and throughout the state for decades. We have the experience and resources to stand up to the insurance company and fight for what’s fair. If you’ve been injured in a collision through no fault of your own, the lawyers at our law firm can get your claim resolved quickly and get you real results. We help crash victims with:
- Rear-End Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Distracted Driving Crashes
- Drunk Driving Crashes
- Fatigued/Asleep at the Wheel Accidents
A car wreck can have a significant impact on your life. If you’ve been injured in a collision that wasn’t your fault, you have a real problem and need a real solution. Our attorneys can help you every step of the way.
What should I do after my car crash?
It’s important to take certain steps after an accident to protect your rights and your health. While each crash often presents its own unique challenges, here are some of the suggested steps to take immediately afterwards:
- Call the police – Ask them to respond to your crash. Having an official accident report can often make a dramatic difference in the outcome of your case.
- Seek medical attention – Your health and well-being should be your priority. Make sure you have a medical professional examine you right away after your crash. If your accident took place several hours or days ago, have a doctor examine you immediately. You could have a life-threatening injury.
- Take pictures of the crash site – If it’s safe to do so, take pictures of your crash. This evidence can often help build a strong case in support of your injury claim.
- Get the other driver’s personal information – If you’re healthy enough to do so, get their full name, address, driver’s license and insurance information. Feel free to give the same information to the other driver as well.
- Don’t discuss your crash – After exchanging information with the other driver, don’t discuss your collision. Anything you say could later be used by the at-fault driver’s insurance company to reduce or deny your claim.
- Call a lawyer – The sooner you talk to an attorney who knows how to handle accidents in Oklahoma City, the better. There are so many different legal issues you often need to consider after a crash. A knowledgeable lawyer can help you every step of the way.
How much is my case worth?
This is the one of the most frequently asked questions people often have after a serious car crash. Expenses can add up fast. That’s why it’s important that you receive the compensation you deserve for all your expenses.
The value of your injury claim often depends on many different factors, including:
- Severity of your injury
- Length of your recovery
- Whether you can return to work
Based on these important factors – and many others – the value of your case could range from a few thousand to millions of dollars. The bottom line is you can and should be compensated for all your injury-related expenses, whether they’re immediately after your crash or years from now. You should not have to pay for another driver’s reckless or negligent behavior.
Click here to download a printable version.
Should I file a lawsuit or an injury claim?
There are advantages to both strategies depending on the circumstances of your case. Many injured drivers or passengers begin by filing an injury claim and seeking a settlement from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
However, this approach may not work in certain cases. Sometimes, it’s because the insurance company makes a lowball settlement offer that doesn’t even come close to covering all your expenses. Other times, they might deny your claim altogether.
In such cases, filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver’s insurance company may be the best way to demand the money you deserve. Just remember that you only have two years from the date of your crash to file a lawsuit or take other legal action under Oklahoma law.
How can a lawyer help me?
After your car accident, you may have more questions than answers. An experienced attorney can listen to the details of your case, answer your questions, and go over your legal options. A few things that set us apart are:
- We handle your property damage at no additional cost. While you’re recovering from your injuries, the last thing you want to worry about is getting your car repaired or replaced. Our policy is to handle property damage claims free for our clients.
- Attention to detail. Particularly in a big city like Oklahoma City, what may seem like a straightforward car accident can quickly turn into a complex legal case. We pay attention to small details that can result in large recoveries for our clients.
- We know Oklahoma City. Our founder, J. Mike Lawter, has been practicing law in Oklahoma City for over 40 years. We know how to win cases here, and we’re not afraid to take the insurance companies to court.
- Dedication to our clients. To an insurance company, you may just be another claim. We believe in giving our clients our undivided attention and treating them like family. Our law firm will go above and beyond to fight for you.
Take action with an attorney from Lawter & Associates, PLLC
If you’ve been injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, the last thing you need to be doing is playing phone tag with the insurance company, wading through piles of paperwork, and worrying about how you’re going to get your bills paid. Let our experienced Oklahoma City car accident lawyers take the weight off your shoulders and tackle your claim. Our attorneys can fight for a fair settlement or take your case to court if push comes to shove. The best part of it all? You don’t pay unless we win. That’s because we work on a contingency fee basis. Contact us today for your free consultation and see how our law firm can help you.