Oklahoma Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fighting for You
Lawter & Associates helps victims get the compensation they deserve
Motorcycle accidents in Oklahoma often result in serious or even fatal injuries. That’s because motorcyclists have little protection against other vehicles crashing into them.
Worst of all, motorcyclists who are involved in collisions often get blamed. The truth is that other drivers in many cases cause crashes involving motorcycles. They don’t want to share the road – and it’s a serious problem.
Our Oklahoma motorcycle accident attorneys know all about this well based on our years of experience. Hundreds of fatal and serious injury-causing motorcycle accidents happen in Oklahoma every year. Roadways that see more motorcycle crashes than others include:
- North Portland Avenue
- South Walker Avenue
- South Memorial Drive
- South Sheridan Road
- I-44 at US-75
Other risky sites for motorcycle accidents are North Harrison Avenue in Shawnee and I-40 in Sayre.
Insurance companies know that juries typically have a bias against motorcycle riders, which makes these claims complicated. Motorcycle accident victims need someone who understands bike wrecks and has a strong track record of success. Contact Lawter & Associates, PLLC.
Our experienced Oklahoma motorcycle accident lawyers can work with you and make sure you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve. We know what we’re doing because we’ve been doing this work for more than 40 years. And as your lawyer, we will work hard so you can focus on what really matters – your recovery.
What types of motorcycle accidents does Lawter & Associates handle?
We handle a wide range of motorcycle accidents at our law firm. Some of the most common types of cases we deal with include:
- Rear-end – These accidents often occur when drivers fail to leave enough space between their vehicles and a motorcycle in front of them.
- Left-turn – When drivers make a left turn, they often fail to see motorcycles beside them or coming from the other direction.
- Head-on – When a car hits a motorcycle head-on, the force of impact can cause serious and long term injuries to the head, brain, neck, and spine.
- U-turn – When drivers make U-turns, they often don't look for motorcyclists behind them or heading in the opposite direction. Either way, U-turn motorcycle accidents are often serious and sometimes even fatal.
What are the common causes of motorcycle accidents in Oklahoma?
Bike crashes happen for many reasons, including the reckless actions of others. Wrecks are often caused by people who are:
- Distracted – Too many auto operators are more focused on everything but the road around them. They're busy texting, reading a GPS, changing a radio station or engaging in other activities that take their attention from driving. You can be paying close attention to the road on your ride, but you cannot control the recklessness of others.
- Speeding – Speeding remains one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents. When someone drives too fast, they often don't have time to stop, resulting in a serious high-speed crash.
- Inattentive – Many drivers claim they "didn't see" a motorcyclist before crashing into the rider. That's no excuse. Drivers need to be responsible to avoid motorcycle collisions.
- Drunk – Drinking and driving remains a major source of serious motorcycle accidents in Oklahoma. Many drivers under the influence of alcohol collide into motorcyclists and cause serious accidents.
What should I do if I'm injured in a motorcycle accident in Oklahoma?
If you’re a biker involved in an accident due to another driver, we strongly recommend taking the following steps:
Contact the police and report your accident. Depending on where the crash happened, the local police or Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP) will respond.
Get medical attention
Call for emergency medical help and let them examine you, even if you feel fine. Later, see a doctor for a more thorough checkup. A doctor may be able to detect signs of serious internal injuries and other types of damage.
Obtain the following information from the other driver: Name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, and insurance information.
Talk to witnesses
Interview people who saw the accident. Make sure to get their name, address, phone number, and the details they recall.
Create a timeline
Write down the crash details while they are still fresh in your mind. Make sure to record the exact time of accident, location, make and model of the vehicles involved, damage to your motorcycle, damage to other vehicles, weather conditions, traffic signals. skids marks on road.
Take photos and video
Take video and photographs of the scene of your motorcycle accident. Make sure to get shots of the damage, injuries, and crash scene from multiple angles and distances.
Notify your insurance provider
Most policies require that you notify your insurance provider of an accident within a specific timeframe. Let them know about the crash as soon as you are able, but do not provide details about the accident. Refer questions to your lawyer.
Call Lawter & Associates
Contact us. We can take on the insurance companies for you. Our law firm will investigate your crash, dig up evidence that may not be immediately obvious, put together a winning strategy, and negotiate for the maximum compensation on your claim.
We have years of experience successfully handling motorcycle accidents throughout Oklahoma.
Why should I hire an Oklahoma motorcycle accident law firm?
Building a successful legal case takes great skill and hard work. Knowledgeable attorneys know what evidence to look for and how to assemble that information into a strong legal case. Our lawyers and staff members excel at these cases, and we have the results to prove it.
Don't take chances with your future. Take action. Contact Lawter & Associates. Call (866) 584-1027 for our Oklahoma City office or (866) 584-1028 for our Tulsa office and schedule a free case evaluation. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Put the power of an experience Oklahoma motorcycle accident lawyer to work for you. Contact us.
Lawter & Associates, PLLC
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Phone: (405) 525-4131
Lawter & Associates, PLLC
Tulsa, OK 74136
Phone: (918) 496-9577