Oklahoma Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Fighting For Injury Victims
Motorcycle accident victims rely on Lawter & Associates every step of the way
Motorcycle accidents in Oklahoma often result in serious or even fatal injuries. That's because motorcyclists have little protection against other vehicles crashing into them. Worst of all, motorcyclists who are involved in collisions often get blamed for causing car accidents.
The truth can often be quite different. In reality, other drivers in many cases cause accidents involving motorcycles. But insurance companies know that juries typically have a bias against motorcycle riders, which makes these claims complicated. Motorcycle accident victims need someone who understands motorcycle accidents and has a strong track record of success. Contact Lawter & Associates, PLLC.
Our experienced Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers can work with you and make sure you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve. We know what we're doing because we've been doing this work for more than 40 years. And as your lawyer, we will work hard so you can focus on what really matters - your recovery. Expect more. Contact us today.
What types of motorcycle accidents does Lawter & Associates handle?
We handle a wide range of motorcycle accidents at our law firm. Some of the most common types of cases we deal with include:
- Rear-end motorcycle accidents - These accidents often occur when drivers fail to leave enough space between their vehicles and a motorcycle in front of them.
- Left-turn motorcycle accidents - When drivers make a left turn, they often fail to see motorcycles beside them or coming from the other direction.
- Head-on motorcycle accidents - One of the worst types of motorcycle accidents we handle at Lawter & Associates, PLLC.
- U-turn motorcycle accidents - When drivers make U-turns, they often don't look for motorcyclists behind them or heading in the opposite direction. Either way, U-turn motorcycle accidents can be seriously and sometimes even fatal.
What are the common causes of motorcycle accidents in Oklahoma?
Motorcycle accidents happen for many reasons. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted drivers - Many drivers are more focused on everything but the road around them. They're busy texting, reading a GPS, changing a radio station or engaging in other activities that distract them from driving. As a result, accidents often happen.
- Speeding drivers - Speeding remains one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents. When someone drives too fast, they often don't have time to stop, resulting in a serious high-speed motorcycle accident.
- Inattentive drivers - Many drivers claim they "didn't see" a motorcyclist before crashing into the rider. That's no excuse. Drivers need to be responsible to avoid motorcycle collisions.
- Drunk drivers - Drinking and driving remains a major source of serious motorcycle accidents in Oklahoma. Many drivers under the influence of alcohol collide into motorcyclists and cause serious accidents.
What should I do if I'm injured in a motorcycle accident in Oklahoma?
If you're a motorcyclist involved in an accident caused by another driver, we strongly recommend taking the following steps:
- Contact the police and ask them to investigate your motorcycle accident
- Call for emergency medical help and let them examine you, even if you feel fine
- Obtain the following information from the other driver:
- Phone number
- Driver's license number
- Insurance information
- Interview witnesses. Make sure to obtain the following information:
- Witness's name
- Witness's address
- Witness's phone number
- Write down the following information about your motorcycle accident:
- Exact time of accident
- Exact location of accident
- Make and model of car involved in accident
- Visible damage to your motorcycle
- Visible damage to other vehicle
- Important details about your accident, including:
- Weather conditions
- Traffic signals (were they working?)
- Skids marks on road (are there any?)
- Take photographs of your motorcycle accident
- If an ambulance does not respond to your accident, schedule an appointment with a doctor, even if you feel OK. You may have an injury that is not obvious right after the accident.
- Notify your insurance company about the accident.
- Contact us. We have years of experience successfully handling motorcycle accidents throughout Oklahoma.
- For more information, visit our motorcycle accident FAQ page or read our motorcycle safety tips.
Why should I hire Oklahoma motorcycle accident law firm Lawter & Associates?
Building a successful legal case takes great skill and hard work. Experienced attorneys know what evidence to look for and how to assemble that information into a strong legal case. Our lawyers and staff members excel at these cases, and we have the results to prove it.
Don't take chances with your future. Take action. Contact Lawter & Associates. Call (866) 584-1027 for our Oklahoma City office or (866) 584-1028 for our Tulsa office and schedule a free case evaluation. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Lawter & Associates, PLLC
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Phone: (405) 525-4131
Lawter & Associates, PLLC
Tulsa, OK 74136
Phone: (918) 496-9577