Oklahoma Truck Accident Lawyer Who Delivers Results, One Case At A Time
Lawter & Associates has a strong track record of success. Offices in Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
Truck accidents in Oklahoma often cause serious and sometimes even fatal injuries. Because of the sheer size of such large vehicles, car accidents and motorcycle accidents involving 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers and other large vehicles often require medical attention and legal advice.
Don't try to handle your truck accident on your own. Make sure you have an experienced lawyer who can work with you and help you hold truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for their actions. Make sure you have Lawter & Associates, PLLC, working for you.
We know what we're doing because we've been doing this work for more than 40 years. That's why we have such a strong track record of success when it comes to Oklahoma truck accidents. There's no substitute for experience, no substitute for success.
Discover what an experienced Tulsa truck accident attorney can do for you
When you contact us, our experienced Oklahoma truck accident lawyers can help you with a wide range of legal issues involving truck accidents. You can learn more about various topics by clicking on the links below:
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- What should I do if I'm a victim of a truck accident?
- Investigating Trucking Companies
- FAQs about Truck Accidents
- Underride Truck Accidents
- Semi Truck Accidents
We compiled this information for you because we understand that injury victims want answers after a serious truck accident. Make sure you take legal action to protect your rights. Make sure you contact us and schedule an appointment.
Why should I hire Oklahoma truck accident law firm Lawter & Associates?
You might think you don't need a lawyer. Your truck accident might seem straightforward. Don't be so sure. Truck accidents in Oklahoma can be extremely complicated. Often, the truck driver who caused your accident will deny responsibility. They might even try to blame you.
Protect your rights. Contact us. Our experienced Oklahoma truck accident attorneys at Lawter & Associates, PLLC, can help. Call (866) 584-1027 for our Oklahoma City office or (866) 584-1028 for our Tulsa office and schedule a free case evaluation.
A fully-loaded 18-wheeler can often weigh more than 80,000 pounds. When such large vehicles crash into a car, motorcycle or pedestrian, the consequences can often be catastrophic. What's more, trucking companies can be notoriously unresponsive to injury victims. They typically will begin an immediate investigation to limit the liability of the company. Investigators will begin immediately building a defense to their case and look for ways to minimize your claim and its value.
Don't let trucking companies dictate what happens to you. Take back control. Contact us. Our experienced tractor-trailer accident attorneys can work with you and make sure you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Remember, you're not just dealing with another driver and their insurance company. You're dealing with trucking companies, insurance companies and entire teams of attorneys working for them. Level the playing field. Contact us. We can help.
Truck accidents happen for many reasons. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in Oklahoma we regularly deal with include:
- Distracted truck drivers - Truck drivers often attempt to multitask while they're driving: operate a GPS device, talk to truck company dispatcher, eat, change the radio station, even watch television while driving. As a result, accidents happen.
- Speeding truck drivers - Commercial truck drivers face pressure to deliver products as quickly as possible. That's why many drivers exceed the speed limit. When they do, they put everyone at risk of being in a high-speed truck accident.
- Overloaded trucks - Strict weight limits exist for commercial trucks. When truck drivers - or trucking companies - ignore those limits, they put everyone at risk of being injured. Overloaded trucks have a hard time stopping or turning, often resulting in rollover accidents.
- Inexperienced truck drivers - Truck companies have responsibility to hire experienced truck drivers. When they fail to do so, they put other motorists at risk. There's no room for error when it comes to tractor-trailer accidents.
- Tired truck drivers - There are strict federal laws requiring truck drivers to take mandatory rest breaks every day. These laws exist to reduce the risk of truck drivers falling asleep at the wheel. Even so, many drivers ignore these laws or receive pressure from trucking companies to drive beyond the maximum time allowed, resulting in dangerously fatigued truck drivers.
We strongly recommend taking the following steps if you've been involved in an accident with a commercial truck in Oklahoma:
- Call the police and demand they investigate your accident.
- Call for emergency medical help, even if you don't feel injured. Don't try to diagnose yourself. Let the medical experts decide.
- Take photographs of your accident.
- Get the following information from the truck driver:
- Phone number
- Driver's license number
- Insurance information
- Name of trucking company driver works for
- Phone number and address of trucking company
- Find witnesses. Statements from witnesses can be vital. Make sure to get the witnesses' full names, addresses and phone numbers so you or police can reach them later.
- Notify your insurance company.
- Contact us. We can help investigate your accident and make sure you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Trucking companies can be especially difficult after a truck accident. Simply contacting the trucking company and finding someone you can talk with about your accident can be a challenge. That's because many trucking companies are often located far away and don't answer their phone.
In addition, many trucking companies often refuse to release information about the truck or truck driver involved in accidents. Trucking companies are required to keep logs detailing repairs and routine maintenance to the truck. These companies should also have information verifying the truck driver has a valid commercial driver's license and takes mandatory breaks.
The trucking companies usually have investigators at the scene of the accident within hours or even sooner. You will need to level the playing field to protect your interests. If you are represented by our firm, we can vigorously investigate the trucking company involved in your trucking accident. We know how to find these companies and the evidence you need to build a strong case. We will not rest until justice is served!
Who investigates truck accidents in Oklahoma?
Initially, the police officer who responds to your truck accident will investigate your crash. This could be either a local police officer or member of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. Afterward, insurance companies, the trucking company and their attorneys likely will launch their own investigations.
Make sure you have someone on your side. We will vigorously investigate your accident and make sure your best interests come first.
Should I answer questions if the trucking company contacts me after my accident?
No. Anything you say to the trucking company or its insurance company could be used against you. The same applies to the attorneys who work them. In most cases, these people are focused on one thing - paying you as little as possible.
That's not right. That's why we work so hard on truck accidents throughout Oklahoma. We believe accidents victims should not have to suffer because of someone else's reckless behavior.
Who will pay for my truck accident in Oklahoma?
Generally, the insurance companies for any at-fault parities cover your losses. If you are able to prove the truck driver and the company he works for were negligent, you can pursue claims against both. Truck accidents, however, can be complicated. A truck driver who is involved in an accident may not be responsible. Another car driver may have been negligent and caused a truck to swerve. Road conditions may play a role in the accident.
Because of the complex nature of these accidents, it's important to consult with an experienced attorney. Don't leave your future to chance. Make sure you have experienced personal injury lawyer in Tulsa, OK on your side, fighting for your rights.
Should I accept a financial offer from an insurance company after my truck accident?
Before making a decision on an offer, it's wise to consult with an attorney. In most cases, most insurance company adjusters offer victims of truck accidents far less than the true cost of their accident. Adjusters routinely make low-ball offers that fail to fairly compensate injury victims for medical bills, lost income, lost future earnings, pain and suffering and other legitimate expenses.
If we represent you, we will do everything we can to make sure you receive the compensation your rightfully deserve. We have a strong track record of success, and we're proud of the verdicts and settlements we have obtained for truck accident victims. Contact us today.
Why should I hire Lawter & Associates to handle my truck accident?
Case results matter, and we're proud of the work we do for truck accident victims throughout Oklahoma. What's the secret to our success? We work tirelessly on every case. This often includes:
- Reviewing accident reports and other official records
- Consulting with experts in their fields
- Negotiating directly with insurance companies
- Filing a lawsuit on your behalf if necessary
- Taking other legal action if necessary
Make your case count. Contact Lawter & Associates, PLLC, today. Call (866) 584-1027 for our Oklahoma City office or (866) 584-1028 for our Tulsa office and schedule an appointment today.