Tulsa Car Accident Attorneys Fighting For Crash Victims
Injured in a car wreck? We can demand compensation for you
Getting injured in a crash that wasn’t your fault can cause you a lot of stress. You’ll spend a lot of time dealing with doctors, doctor bills, the insurance company – and it all can quickly become overwhelming. Take the burden off your shoulders with an experienced car accident attorney from our Tulsa law firm.
The lawyers from Lawter & Associates, PLLC have been helping car accident victims in Tulsa and throughout Oklahoma for decades now and will fight to get you the settlement you deserve. Your job is to get well. Let our Tulsa attorneys handle everything else. Contact us today for your free consultation.
As Oklahoma’s second-largest city and a major cultural center, Tulsa sees plenty of visitors every day. That means there’s a lot of heavy traffic in the area, and unfortunately, that also means there’s a risk of being involved in a serious car wreck. If you’ve been injured in a crash through no fault of your own, our Tulsa car accident lawyers can stand by your side, advocate for your needs, and demand real results for you.
Car accident cases we handle
Our law firm helps crash victims deal with a wide range of cases. Some of the most common – and most serious – claims we deal with involve:
- Rear-End Accidents – One of the most common types of car accidents, rear-end collisions can often be quite serious. Injuries such as concussions or whiplash are common. That’s why it’s important to take legal action right away to protect your rights.
- Head-On Collisions – Dangerous intersections like Memorial Drive and Broken Arrow Expressway in Tulsa have been the scene of many head-on crashes, often resulting in serious injuries or fatalities. If you or a loved one have been hurt, we can fight for your rights.
- Distracted Driving Crashes – Drivers always need to pay attention. When they fail to do so, many drivers crash into other vehicles. Sometimes, they’re texting while driving. Other times, they may be looking up directions or eating. Whatever the circumstances, we can help.
- Drunk Driving Crashes – Driving while intoxicated and under the influence of alcohol is a serious crime in Oklahoma. If a drunk driver caused your crash, you have rights. Learn more about your legal options. Talk to us.
- Fatigued/Asleep at the Wheel – Tired drivers have a choice. They can choose to take a break and not put themselves or others on the road at risk. If a tired driver caused your accident, we can help you demand justice.
Even a relatively minor car wreck can have a major impact on your life, and a serious injury can have truly life-altering consequences. If you’ve been hurt, you have a real problem and need a real solution. Our experienced Tulsa car accident attorneys can help you every step of the way.
Click here to download a printable version.
How much is my car crash worth?
The bottom line is you can and should be compensated for all your accident-related expenses if another driver clearly caused your collision. The precise value of your crash – and how much money you should rightfully receive – will often depend on many different factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The extent of the damage to your vehicle.
- The amount of time you need to fully recover.
Based on these criteria – and many more – your car accident could be worth thousands or millions of dollars. If you cannot return to work for months – or perhaps ever again – you deserve to be fully compensated for your loss of income. Your attorney can demand compensation and help you explore all your legal options.
Should I accept a settlement offer for my car accident?
Don’t be surprised if the at-fault driver’s insurance company makes an offer to settle your case soon after your crash. While it might be tempting to accept their initial offer, many insurance companies often make lowball offers that don’t even come close to covering all your expenses.
You have the right to refuse their first settlement offer. Instead, you can ask for more money to cover all your accident-related expenses. Be prepared for many insurance companies to claim they can’t offer you any more money, however, and that their first offer is their best offer.
Don’t believe them. In many cases, many insurance companies are willing to negotiate, especially if they see you have an experienced attorney on your side. Your lawyer can present evidence in support of your claim and demand the compensation you deserve to cover all your injury-related expenses, now and in the future.
Who can I sue after my car accident?
In Oklahoma, you have the right to take legal action – including filing a lawsuit – against anyone who was responsible for your motor vehicle accident. In many cases, this is often the at-fault driver who caused your crash. However, depending on the circumstances of your crash, you may be able to take legal action against many different people or companies if they were liable (responsible) for your crash or for compensating you for your injury-related expenses. This can include:
- The at-fault driver’s insurance company, especially if they denied your claim or refused to pay you the full settlement amount.
- The restaurant, bar or liquor store that sold alcohol to the driver who caused your accident if the driver was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash. This specific circumstance applies if the drunk driver was intoxicated when they purchased additional alcohol, then got behind the wheel and caused your crash.
Many other circumstances may apply when it comes to car accident lawsuits. It’s also important to remember that you only have two years from the date of your car crash to file a lawsuit or take other legal action in Oklahoma. If you miss this deadline (known as the statute of limitations) you could miss your opportunity to obtain the financial compensation you need and deserve. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to a lawyer as soon as possible to learn more about your legal options.
Tulsa car accident attorneys with decades of experience
Your crash only lasted a few seconds, but the consequences can last a lifetime if you’ve been seriously injured. You might not be able to work, and your bills won’t stop piling up. Your medical expenses alone may cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. Beyond those economic costs, you might lose the ability to care for the people you love or do the things you once were able to enjoy doing.
Our law firm’s mission is to help people who have been injured in car accidents get their claim resolved quickly so they can move on from their crash. At Lawter & Associates, PLLC, we have a proven track record of success. That’s because our lawyers have been helping Tulsa families for over four decades. When you’ve been hurt in a crash, you should never be made to feel like your case isn’t important. Our Tulsa legal team will make you feel welcome and give your claim the attention it deserves.
Put your trust in our Tulsa law firm
If you’ve been injured in a crash through no fault of your own, it’s time to take charge. Our Tulsa car accident attorneys know the laws in Oklahoma and know what it takes to win tough cases. Our dedicated legal team will make sure you’re in constant contact with your lawyer so you’re never left in the dark about what’s happening with your case. We’ll take you through the entire process – step-by-step and hassle-free. The best part of it all? You pay nothing unless we win. That’s because we work on a contingency fee basis. Get the settlement you deserve so you can get on the road to recovery. Contact us today for your free consultation.