Bus Accidents in Oklahoma Can Be Serious
Lawter & Associates help injured victims get the compensation they deserve
Bus accidents - including school bus accidents and charter bus accidents - in Oklahoma can often be extremely serious and very complicated. Whether you're a passenger on a bus or a pedestrian hit by bus, knowing what to do after such serious accidents can be overwhelming.
Fortunately, you're not alone. When you contact us, one of our experienced Oklahoma bus accident lawyers can work with you to make sure your case receives the attention it rightfully deserves. Don't take chances with your case. Take action. Contact Lawter & Associates, PLLC.
We've been doing this work for more than 40 years. As a result, we know all the laws and regulations that apply to bus accidents. We know how to investigate these cases, and we know how to get results.
What are common causes of bus accidents in Oklahoma?
Accidents involving school buses, commercial buses, city buses and charter buses happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes of bus accidents in Oklahoma we regularly deal with include:
- Distracted bus drivers - Like many drivers, bus drivers sometimes try to do too many activities while they’re driving. The biggest different is the consequences of a bus accident can often be as severe as a truck accident. Federal law bars texting while driving by bus drivers, but some bus accidents have been linked to texting bus drivers.
- Speeding bus drivers - Bus drivers often face tight time schedules. As a result, many bus drivers try to "make up" time by driving faster. Unfortunately, bus accidents often occur because of speeding bus drivers.
- Inexperienced bus drivers - Bus drivers must have special licenses and training to operate a bus. If bus drivers do not receive enough training or fail to maintain their credentials, they put others in harm's way. The inexperienced drivers and the companies that hired them must be held accountable for accidents. There's no room for error when it comes to bus accidents.
- Reckless bus drivers - Some bus drivers act like they own the road. They cut off other cars, change lanes abruptly without warning and engage in other dangerous driving habits. Hold reckless bus drivers and their employers accountable if you're a victim of a bus accident caused by a reckless bus driver.
What should I do if I'm injured in a bus accident?
If you're a victim of a bus accident in Oklahoma City, Tulsa or anywhere else in the state, we strongly urge you to take the following steps:
- Contact the police and ask them to respond to your bus accident.
- Call for emergency medical help and let an EMT examine you.
- Obtain the following information from the bus driver who caused your accident:
- Name of bus driver
- Insurance information
- Name of bus company
- Address for bus company
- Phone number for bus company
- Take photographs of your bus accident. Photograph anything that appears unusual, including skid marks, damage to bus, etc.
- Talk to witnesses. Get their full names, addresses and phone numbers in case you or anyone else investigating your accident needs to reach them.
- Write down important details about your accident, including:
- Exact time of accident
- Exact location of accident
- Weather conditions
- Schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor.
- Contact an experienced bus accident attorney who can thoroughly investigate your bus accident and fight for the compensation you rightfully deserve
Why should I hire Lawter & Associates?
Knowing what to do after a bus accident in Oklahoma can be overwhelming, but we can help. With our firm on your side, we will not rest until justice is served. We will conduct a comprehensive investigation of your accident and fight for the compensation you deserve. We know how to investigate bus companies and know how to negotiate with them.
Level the playing field. Contact Lawter & Associates, PLLC, today. Call (866) 584-1027 for our Oklahoma City office or (866) 584-1028 for our Tulsa office and schedule a free case evaluation. This may be your only opportunity for justice. Seize it. Contact us.